Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Tiny Wonder: my Canon G12

Finally got the Canon G12. Went out to do some test shots two days ago. After owning a G9, this camera came with significant improvements. Looking thought the menu, I find it very easy and pleasant to use. Some of the important controls are at immediate reach with manual dials and buttons. The addition of the front dial to me is the most significant improvement in this camera. Adjusting aperture and shutter speeds is no different than setting them on an SLR. The camera has a solid feel, and is very well made. The lens is a 28mm- 140mm (equivalent in 35mm). It is sharp and of good quality. The lens has variable apertures of F2.8-4.5. Not bad for low light shooting as long as you are shooting wide. The noise is not bad shooting at 400 ISO. Below is an HDR I shot two nights ago using the auto bracketing feature. I set the camera to auto- bracketing, self timer, on tripod, and got this image. I am also working with the video. I will update my review as I test the different features of this tiny machine. In the meantime, please keep shooting!



No comments:

Post a Comment